Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Back Outside!

Tracks just from me and the deer.
Mid-40's after weeks of below freezing weather (many of which were below zero). 

Wow, it was nice to run outside again! I know I've complained in the past about running in the slushy, messy snow and stepping on hidden uneven ice patches, but today I loved every second of it. There was still about four inches of snow on the bike path so I had to lift my knees high, which completely exhausted me. I still enjoyed it and splashed in every icy puddle I saw! 

After the first 1 1/2 miles I didn't know if I could continue back through the snow, so I decided to run on the roads. It was slow going, and I really had to push that last mile. But I am completely happy with my run and I feel great. Can't wait for the even nicer weather tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment